Supporting Cast is seeking a vice president of sales to lead our sales team and grow the customer base for our premium podcasting platform. Podcasters and media organizations come to us looking for pathways to financial growth. Companies come to us looking to securely deliver podcasts internally in a way that employees will actually hear them. As the leader of our sales team, your role is to show both sets of clients how Supporting Cast can help achieve their goals. Candidates located in New York City or D.C. are preferred.
• Lead the sales process, usually in close coordination with teammates, from cold lead to product demo to contract negotiation
• Thoroughly understand how to approach Supporting Cast’s diverse target markets, including huge enterprises, podcast networks, and professional independent podcasters
• Build personal relationships with podcasters, first taking the time to understand their goals and then showing how our product can help to achieve them
• Craft detailed proposals when necessary to close deals
• Manage our current two-person sales team, giving them the tools and skills to succeed
• Recruit and train new sellers as our company grows
• Track all phases of the sales pipeline using HubSpot and other tools, reporting on performance to leadership and the rest of the company
• Pursue leads and represent the company at industry conferences
• Contribute to sales and marketing collateral
• Help improve the product and influence our company’s roadmap by sharing feedback from clients and prospects
• At least five years’ experience selling software as a service
• Experience managing and recruiting salespeople
• Experience selling into large, innovative companies
• A strong interest in and familiarity with the burgeoning podcast industry
• An uncanny ability to explain complex technology in simple terms
• Experience using a sales and marketing automation platform (such as Salesforce or HubSpot)
• Comfort with Google Apps and LinkedIn
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
• Strong email, Slack, and Giphy game
• Willingness to travel up to 25 percent of the time (in non-COVID times, of course).
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the “VP Sales, Supporting Cast” in your subject line.