Supporting Cast is seeking a passionate, creative front-end developer to help build Supporting Cast’s podcasting membership platform.
Podcasters and media companies are looking for pathways to financial growth, and your role in architecting and maintaining our platform can deepen their with their most engaged listeners and vastly increase their podcasting revenue.
As our fourth developer, you will have major influence on our tech stack, our rapidly evolving product, and future hiring. Working here provides the dynamic excitement of a startup, and the stability and competitive compensation of an established employer.
Candidates located in New York City, D.C., or the Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina, area are preferred, but we will consider candidates from any location.
- Learn a lot about the rapidly growing podcast industry and its efforts toward monetization
- Lead the implementation of our new branding
- Plan and execute a restructuring of our existing HTML, CSS, and JS into a maintainable, modular system
- Lead the definition of our front-end tech stack. This includes decision-making power on relevant technology choices.
- Work closely and independently with UI/UX stakeholders to make our product as accessible and easy to use as possible.
- Play an important role in product, business, and hiring conversations.
Relevant technologies and interests
You don’t have to be a master of all of these tech concerns. The ability to learn, communicate, and make decisions about them is more important.
- Web accessibility best practices, using resources like the A11Y Project
- Empathic design and user experience
- Front-end roll-up and optimization tools, e.g., Webpack, Rollup, Gulp
- Modular CSS organization principles, e.g., BEM, OOCSS, CSS modules
- CSS preprocessors, e.g., SASS, LESS
Our current stack
- Backend App: PHP/Laravel, Nginx, Varnish, Redis, Postgres, Docker
- Key DevOps/Infrastructure Services: Google Cloud Computing, AWS, Fastly
- Key Business Vendors: Stripe
- Repo: GitHub
- Project Management: Agile-oriented. ZenHub, Trello, Notion, Slack.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Supporting Cast Software Engineer.” Please include links to projects and repos as you see fit.